The Museum Building
The structure that houses the Chippewa Bay Maritime Museum was built in 1909 as a Union Chapel, a non-denominational chapel where visiting Protestant preachers held services for the community. It then was used as a granary, and later as a seasonal residence.
In 2013-2014, under the direction of Allan Newell, a group of local craftsmen renovated the museum to house the exhibits.
Photograph of the new Chippewa Bay Union Chapel in 1909 courtesy of the R.T. Elethorp Historial Society.